Saturday, April 24, 2010

Earth Day Fair!

The Big Boat set off on its maiden voyage today. I sewed and sewed and packed up and set up at Wargo Nature Center in Centerville, MN. The Earth Day clean-up in the morning was a bit of a wash-out due to rain, but the Fair was almost all indoors and lots of fun! The 4-H had a rock painting station, and the Girl Scouts painted faces! One of the naturalists did a Raptor show with his special guest, a Red Tailed Hawk named "Bet." There were lots of good things to see and do.

I brought my Totes and Baskets, Lunch Wraps and Snac Sacs. The big hit was the "color your own bookmark" station with 2x4 inch strips of burlap and markers. I had many very nice comments on my handiwork, and really had a great time meeting people.

In case you're wondering, the backdrop display is a cardboard box, opened up and painted with leftover wall paint. I drew The Big Boat, and the picture in marker and used a bit of acrylic paint on the boat/globe. Very easy and very "Green" There are empty coffee bags for the tablecloth. Easy to carry, and good-looking.

Now I know I  can do a fair! Look out world, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment