Friday, December 28, 2007

Accepting the Unexpected

If you don't know, I'm an Aggie, meaning that I graduated from Texas A&M University. So I was happy when the Aggies beat t.u. (University of Texas) at Thanksgiving.

What I didn't expect to see was an ice fishing shack with a burnt orange paint job and big "T" painted on the side on Forest Lake up here in Minnesota.

We see the strangest things when we're not looking.

John saw Jesus coming to him to be baptised. It was his calling to prepare people for Jesus' coming, not to prepare Jesus.

But John accepted the unexpected, and allows us to see GOD in the unexpected.

The voice from the heavens: "This is my beloved Son"

The dove from above

The Christmas visitors we didn't expect.

The friends and family who didn't make it home for Christmas, at least not to our home.

A Savior born to Shepherds, and truck drivers, and garbage collectors and tax collectors

Salvation for poor young women, and carpenters, and prostitutes, and priests.

A Texas ice shack, seen by an Aggie. (What is it I'm doing in Minnesota!)

Letters from good friends, and old friends.

A savior who came for me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment