Monday, February 04, 2008

Whine, Whine, Whine

Today's daily Lectionary: Psalm 78:17-20, 52-55, Exodus 33:7-23, Acts 7:30-34

God's people, like little children, Whine! In Egypt they whine that they are slaves, once they are rescued, they whine that they are thirsty. As soon as God provides water, they whine that they need bread and meat. As soon as God gives them bread and meat, they whine some more.

I'll admit, I get really tired of my children whining, really fast. It doesn't take more than two requests for something that I've said no to to test my patience.

Thank God, God has more patience than I do.
God had listened to the People of Israel, and to Moses, whining about everything.
God's responce never changes:
14 The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.”

God will personally go with you,
God will give you rest
Everything will be fine.

Now stop whining.
Never stop praying.

Lord, you are our shepherd and our God, lead us down your paths of righeousness, and give us rest. Forgive us for fretting and whining, and forgetting to trust. Help us to take of our shoes on your holy ground and accept your presence in our lives. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment