Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentines ideas


A Shredder, and construction paper scraps, a little water and you get a great medium for making Valentines!


The little helpers and I sorted and shredded some construction paper, and soaked them overnight. The little choirboy in the window is keeping watch!


Next day I put a few hadfuls from the bucket-o-blue into my food processor, and enough water to help things spin, a tablespoon of cornstarch and TA DA! Purple Clay! It's a little wet at this point, so I put it in my wire colander and pressed out a little water. 




M helped me test out the mixture, and we made some hearts. Most of the clay is still in a bag, ready to be worked with. These test models are ready for their photo debut, though!


I can't wait to see them dried.


Tomorrow I'm going to make a deckel and make some home-made paper. 


Add a couple flower seeds to the mixture and you have plantable Valentines! 
The other idea floating around the house is to use the shreds to decorate paper-bag hearts.


Since all the red paper was soaking, these are more a fall collection of color, but they are pretty. I'm thinking that sparkles are called for in the next incarnation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment